Dr. Hamilton is a cancer epidemiologist whose research has focused on breast, prostate, and testicular cancer, as well as Kaposi's Sarcoma. She has studied cancers in twins and is currently involved with an investigation of the relationship of exercise to endogenous estrogen levels in healthy identical twins.
- Epidemiology of breast, prostate, and testicular cancer and Kaposi's sarcoma;
- Cancers in twins.
HISTORY & EDUCATION
- University California - Los Angeles, PHD, 1987
- Georgetown University, MA, 1974
- Graduate Assistant, Georgetown University, 1971 –
- Social Science Analyst, U. S. Bureau of the Census, 1972 –
- Instructor, University of Rhode Island, 1972 –
- Research Associate, Rhode Island Health Services Research, 1972 – 1979
- Graduate Assistant, UCLA, 1981 – 1982
- Research Associate, USC School of Medicine, 1983 – 1986
- Instructor, USC School of Public Administration, 1984 –
- Post Doctoral Research Associate, USC School of Medicine, 1987 – 1995
- Walker, AH, Restuccia, JD. Obtaining information on patient satisfaction with hospital care: mail versus telephone. Health Services Research 1984;19:291-306.
- Walker, AH, Ross, RK, Pike, MC, Henderson, BE. A possible rising incidence of malignant germ cell tumours in young women. Br J Cancer 1984;49:669-672.
- Farrer, JH, Walker, AH, Rajfer, J. Management of the postpubertal cryptorchid testis: a statistical review. J Urol 1985;134:1071-1076.
- Mack, TM, Walker, AH, Mack, W, Bernstein, L. Cancer in Hispanics in Los Angeles County. National Cancer Institute Monograph 69:99-104, 1985.
- Walker, AH, Ross, RK, Haile, RWC, Henderson, BE. Hormonal factors and risk of ovarian germ cell cancer in young women. Br J Cancer 1988;57:418-422.
- Walker, AH, Bernstein, L, Warren, DW, Warner, NE, Zheng, X, Henderson, BE. The effect of in utero ethinyl estradiol exposure on the risk of cryptorchid testis and testicular teratoma in mice. Br J Cancer 1990;62:599-602.
- Deapen, D, Escalante, A, Weinrib, L, Horwitz, D, Bachman, B., Roy-Burman, P., Walker, A, and Mack, TM. A revised estimate of twin concordance in SLE. Arthritis and Rheumatism 1992;35:311-318.
- Bernstein, L and Hamilton, AS. The epidemiology of AIDS-related malignancies. Curr Opin Oncol 1993;5:822-830.
- Hamilton, AS, Radka, SF, Bernstein, L, Gill, PS, Gonsalves, M., Naemura, J, Ross, RK. The relationship of serum levels of oncostatin-M to AIDS-related and Classic Kaposi's Sarcoma. J Acquire Immunodef Syndr 1994;7:410-414.
- Gill, PS, Hamilton, AS, Naidu, Y. Epidemiology, Pathogenesis and Treatment of Kaposi's Sarcoma. AIDS Update 1994;7:1-11.
- Mack, TM, Cozen, W, Shibata, DK, Weiss, LM, Nathwani, BN, Hernandex, AM, Taylor, CR, Hamilton, AS, Deapen, DM, Rappaport, EB. Concordance for Hodgkin's Disease in identical twins suggesting genetic susceptibility to the young-adult form of the disease. N Engl J Med 1995;332:413-418.
- Stohl, W, Elliot, J., Hamilton, A., Deapen, D., Mack, T., and Horwitz, D. Impaired recovery and cytolytic function of CD56+ T and non-T cells in systemic lupus erythematosis (SLE) following in vitro polyclonal T cell stimulation: Studies in unselected SLE patients and in monozygotic twins discordant for SLE. Arthritis and Rheumatism 1996;39:1840-1851.
- Chatlynne, LG, Lapps, W, Handy, M., Huang, YQ, Masood, R, Hamilton, AS, Said, JW, Koeffler, HP, Kaplan, MH, Friedman-Kien, A., Gill, PS, Whitman, JE, Ablashi, DV. Detection and titration of human herpesvirus-8-specific
antibodies in sera from blood donors, acquired
immunodeficiency syndrome patients, and Kaposi's sarcoma
patients using a whole virus enzyme-linked immunosorbent
assay. Blood 1998;92:53-58.
- Stohl, W., Hamilton, A., Mack, T. Impaired cytotoxic T lymphocyte activity in systemic lupus erythematosus following in vitro polyclonal T cell stimulation: a contributory role for non-T cells. Lupus 1999;8:293-299.
- Janis, JM, Detels, R, Steele, D, Walker, AH. Monitoring health in Los Angeles County. Pub Health Rep 1985;100:393-400
Direct link to profile: http://keck.usc.edu/profiles?facid=421