- Oxidative stress, Redox Chemistry, Role of PKC and JNK signaling in liver disease
HISTORY & EDUCATION
- University of Southern California, Los Angeles, Ph.D., 2001
- University of California, Berkeley,, BA, 1992
MEMBERSHIPS & AFFILIATIONS
- Society for Free Radical Biology and Medicine (Formerly the Oxygen Society)
- Secretary General, Oxygen Club of California (OCC)
- Chemico-Biological Interactions
- Saberi B, Hanawa N, Shinohara M, Gaarde W, Kaplowitz, N, and D Han. Regulation of H2O2-induced necrosis by Protein Kinase C and AMP-activated kinase signaling in primary cultured hepatocytes. American Journal of Physiology: Cell Physiology 295: C50-63, 2008.
- Han D, Hanawa N, Saberi B, and N Kaplowitz. Hydrogen peroxide and redox modulation sensitize to TNF-α induced apoptosis of primary mouse hepatocytes. Free Radical Biology and Medicine 41: 627-639, 2006.
- Han D, Hanawa N, Saberi B, and N Kaplowitz. Role of glutathione redox status in liver injury. American Journal of Physiology 291: G1-7, 2006.
- Kaplowitz N, Shinohara M, Liu ZX, Han D. How to protect against acetaminophen: dont ask for JUNK.
Gastroenterology. 2008135:1047-1051, 2008
Direct link to profile: http://keck.usc.edu/profiles?facid=3706