Description:Dr. Conti is board certified in Nuclear Medicine specializing in diagnostic imaging applications in oncology. He is an expert in the clinical use of positron emission tomography (PET) in the diagnosis, staging and treatment monitoring of cancer. His research interests include the development of new radiolabeled imagining agents for use in the diagnosis of cancer and infectious disease and evaluation of the effects of gene therapy on tumors.
- Development of new radioactive biological tracers for diagnosis of cancer and infectious disease using positron emission tomography
- Diagnostic Radiology
- Oncology applications of positron emission tomography
- Nuclear Radiology
- PET Imaging
HISTORY & EDUCATION
- Cornell University, PHD, 1985
- Cornell University Medical College, MD, 1985
- St. Lukes Hospital; Surgery, 1985 – 1986
- Johns Hopkins Hospital - Radiology, 1986 – 1989
- Johns Hopkins Hospital - Nuclear Medicine, 1990 – 1991
- American Board of Radiology, 1992
- American Board of Nuclear Medicine, 1991
MEMBERSHIPS & AFFILIATIONS
- Society of Nuclear Medicine
- American College of Radiology
- American College of Nuclear Physicians
- USC Care Medical Group
USC University Hospital
USC/Norris Cancer Hospital
- Conti, PS, Sordillo PP, Sordillo EM, and Schmall B. Tumor localization of the metabolically trapped radiolabeled substrates 2-deoxy-D-glucose and aminocyclopentanecarboxylic acid in human melanoma heterotransplants. Amer J Clin Oncol 9: 537-540, 1986.
- Conti PS, Keppler J and Halls JM. Positron emission tomography: A financial and operational analysis. Amer J Roentg 162: 1279-1286, 1994.
- Conti PS, Alauddin MM, Fissekis J, Schmall B and Watanabe KA. Synthesis of carbon-11 labeled 2'-fluoro-5-methyl-1-D-arabinofuranosyluracil (FMAU): A potential nucleoside analogue for in vivo study of cellular proliferation with PET. Nucl Med Biol 22: 783-789, 1995
- Conti PS, Lilien DL, Grafton ST, Bading JR, Keppler J and Hawley K. PET and (18F)-FDG: A clinical update. Nucl Med Biol 23: 717-735, 1996
- Powars DR, Conti pS, Wong W-Y, Groncy P, Hyman C, Smoth E, Ewing N, Keenan RR, Zee C-S, Harold Y, Hiti A, Teng E, Chan LS. Cerebra vasculopathy in sickle cell anemia: Diagnostic utility of positron emission tomography (PET) and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). Blood 93: 1-10, 1999.
Direct link to profile: http://keck.usc.edu/profiles?facid=221