Synoposis:Primary areas of interest: Cardiac arrhythmias and sudden death.
- Cardiac arrhythmias and sudden death in the young
- Catheter ablation, devices for arrhythmia treatment
HISTORY & EDUCATION
- Wayne State University, MD, 1978
- University of Texas (Pediatrics), 1978 – 1979
- University of Texas (Pediatrics), 1979 – 1981
- Texas Heart Institute (Pediatrics), 1981 – 1984
- American Board of Pediatrics, 1984
- Specialty Board in Pediatric Cardiology, 1988
MEMBERSHIPS & AFFILIATIONS
- President, Pediatric Electrophysiology Society, 1999
- American Heart Association
- American College of Cardiology
- Silka MJ, Kron J, Cutler JE, McAnulty JH. Assessment and Follow up of Pediatric Survivors of Sudden Cardiac Death. Circulation, 82: 341-349, 1990.
- Silka MJ, Kron J, Dunnigan A, Dick M, for the Pedaitric Electrophysiology Society. Sudden Cardiac Death and the Use of Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillators in Young Patients. Circulation 87: 800-807, 1993.
- Silka MJ, Kron J, Park J, Halperin BD, McAnulty. Atypical forms of atrioventricular nodal reentry tachycardia in children following radiofrequency modification of slow pathway conduction. Journal of the American College of Cardiology 23: 1363-1369, 1994.
- Silka MJ, Hardy BG, Menashe VD, Morris CD. Prospective evaluation of the risk of sudden cardiac death following surgery for common congenital heart defects. J Am Coll Cardiol 32: 245-51, 1998.
- Gregoratos G, Epstein AE, Freedman RA, Hayes DL, Hlatky MA, Kerber RE, Naccarelli GV, Schoenfield MH, Silka MJ, Winter SL. Revised ACC/AHA Guidelines for implantation of cardiac pacemakers and antiarrhythmia devices: A report of the American College of Cardiology / American Heart Association Task Force Report on Practice Guidelines. J Am Coll Cardiol 40: 1703-19, 2002.
Direct link to profile: http://keck.usc.edu/profiles?facid=1073